UMANG is envisaged to create e-Governance 'Mobile First'. It has been developed by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and National e-Governance Marketing (NeGD).
It is an evolving platform designed for citizens of India that gives them access to all-India e-governance services from central, state, local bodies and government agencies on the app, web, SMS and IVR channels.
KEY FEATURES OF UMANG APP:
- Integrated Platform: It brings all government departments and their services together on a single platform to provide better and easier services to the citizens.
- Mobile First Touch: It transmits all government services along with Mobile's first strategy to take advantage of mobile adoption trends.]
- Integration with Digital India Services: It provides seamless integration with other Digital India services like Aadhaar, DigiLocker, and Pegov. Any new such service will be automatically integrated with the platform
- Uniformform experience: It enables citizens to easily find, download, store and use all government services.)
- Secure and Scalable: It supports service-based services and other authentication mechanisms. The sensitive profile data is saved in the modified format and no one can see this information.
MAIN MOVES OF UMANG APP:
UMANG - A platform of Government of India provides easy access to health services, finance, education, housing, energy, agriculture, transport and even utility and employment and skills.
Important benefits for citizens:
- Single-point universal access: All government services are available on a unified platform for easy access through multiple government and local area (SMS, email, app and web).
- More for less: Only one mobile app has to be installed instead of every app in each department.
- Convenience: If more services are added to the platform then citizens do not need to install or update the application again to avail government services.
- Saving time and money: Citizens can use these services anytime and anywhere through their mobile phones, desktops and laptops without the need to go to the department office and stand in queue.
- Uniform Experience: All government services, including payment-based transactions, provide a safe and equal experience.